August Recommendations!

Monday, August 6, 2012

I usually only do book recommendations on this blog seeing as this is essentially a book blog, but I thought I would start doing monthly recommendation lists from now on. These recs range from movies, music, television... books, of course. As I will try to do this at the start of every month, I encourage and invite you to write a list of your own! We can never have enough recommendations after all.

Movies

1. The Dark Knight Rises

I only have one recommendation this month, and I can not tell you how much you need to see this movie. If you are a fan of Nolan's epic take on the Batman character and the entire franchise as a whole, you MUST watch. It is seriously, probably, the best portrayal of Batman's true story. I am a fan.

Television

1. The Big Bang Theory
I only started watching this amazingly hilarious and smart television show at the beginning of this year. They're already on the 6th season, and I am not sure how I survived the last few years without ever watching this. It's genius. It's currently on a break but will be returning on October! Can't wait.

2. So You Think You Can Dance
I'm not really a fan of reality/talent shows, but this one is truly an exception. I have been obsessed with this show ever since it came out in 2005. I have been watching it religiously every summer. It just sort of started, so you can still easily catch up if you'd like. This show features talented dancers all competing to be the favorite. Think American Idol, but with amazing dancers and better judges instead.


Music

1. The Honey Trees
I am in love with this indie band. Their style is so original. I can listen to their music for days. Unfortunately, they don't have a lot out yet, but the songs they do have at the moment, are breathtaking.

Books
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I mentioned this already at a separate post, but this was a book that I read a while ago but haven't really talked about. It's what I believe fantasy books should be. The writing is perfect, and the plot and character development is so effortless. It's a great read and I highly recommend it to true fantasy readers.

Do you have any movie, music, television, book recommendations for me for the month of August? Let me know. I am looking forward to reading what you all have to say. Happy Monday!






13 comments:

  1. It seems Christopher Nolan never makes a bad movie - they always just get better and better!

    Love SYTYCD! I'm not a fan of reality TV shows either, but that one is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inception may be my favorite from him. Something about that movie!

      Delete
  2. Love love love me some BBT! We're die hard fans in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I need to see The Dark Knight Rises (Tom Hardy is in it *sigh*)
    The Big Bang Theory is a fav program too. Sheldon cracks me up. My tv recommendation would have to be The Walking Dead. The season is over for now, and I can't wait for it to return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows as well. It's so wonderfully done!

      Delete
  4. Rocks, scissors, papers, lizard, spock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, they are only on their 6th season this fall, and my top two episodes: The Bath Iten Gift Hypothesis from Season 2 and The Robotic Manipulation from Season 4!

      Delete
    2. Oops. 6th season! My favorites are the ones with Sheldon helping Penny when she was injured, and the Christmas episode with the napkin! :)

      Delete
    3. That Christmas episode IS the the Bath Item Gift hypothesis episode. That Leonard Nimoy napkin scene is the top favorite of all time for a lot of fans:)

      Delete
  5. SYTYCD is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE The Big Bang Theory! Also, I really need to see Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he Big Bang Theory is hilarious. Bazinga!

    ReplyDelete