Scariest Book You've Read?

Friday, October 23, 2015

It's October. It's almost Halloween. It's that time again - that month to read some scary books. I have to admit I am what you can call a chicken when it comes to horror stories. I have such an overactive imagination that it's hard for me to get things out of my mind, especially if those said things are terrifying things. 

Despite that though I love horror because it really challenges me and yes, it's kind of fun to be scared every once in a while. This novel by Stephen King is my favorite horror. It scared me so much and the movie didn't make it any better either. That terrified me as well.
Currently, I'm reading Salem's Lot because so many recommended this to me when I
asked for a horror recommendation. That may or may not be a good idea. What's the scariest book you've read? 

6 comments:

  1. I love this time of year and reading scary books! I've read some creepy books recently that I really enjoyed. Daughters until Devils, and Black-Eyed Susans were two really good, suspenseful reads.

    I have never read a Stephen King novel! I know that's craziness. The length of his books intimidated me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, his books can definitely be intimidating!! I always have to prepare myself when I decide to read a Stephen King novel.

      Delete
  2. I thought Pet Sematary would be THE ONE BIG SCARY read but I now think that Salem's Lot might be the one. My favorite King read is still IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    The scariest books I've ever read are both by Stephen King: Needful Things (which made me scared to go shopping for a month--LOL!) and Christine (which made me believe that a car would be able to kill me in my home on the twenty-second floor of a building!).

    The scariest book I've not yet been able to finish is Hostage to the Devil by Father Malachi Martin, which is about real-life exorcisms. I've got as far as Chapter 1 but don't have the courage to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I remember you talking about Christine, and I totally get how you would get scared of such a thing!! I mean, who wouldn't to be honest?

      Delete