Books Are Everything

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Books are everything. They are loyal and constant companions. They accept our unpredictable moods, understanding when we want to take a break from reading and welcoming us back with open arms when we want to start over again. They offer much-needed escapism, but they also force us to see both the beautiful and harsh realities of life. Books of course also educate and inform. They broaden minds and open worlds we otherwise would never know about. We learn about people, about situations, and different scenarios. They show pathways in life and they mirror life itself. 
Books have opened doors to endless opportunities for learning and discovery, understanding and empathy. They make us more well-rounded and more sensitive individuals. To me, books are more than just a hobby. It is a necessity. Although yes, let's be honest - it is undoubtedly one of the most fun and relatively affordable forms of entertainment. Simply put, books feed one's soul. 




7 comments:

  1. Nicely said! I would have a hard time without books- they aRE more than just a hobby. Life wouldn't be the same without 'em! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post/. I do love browsing bookstores - all kinds but, honestly I don't do it often enough. I am an immediate gratification gal and tend to shop online way too much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you read that's good enough :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine life without books and reading for enjoyment. I don't know how I'd get through the day without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said, I don't know where or who I'd be without books!

    ReplyDelete