If Reading Was An Image

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Simon at Stuck in a Book challenges his readers to choose a picture that sums up their reading tastes in books. The catch is, we can NOT use photos that have images of books, reading, and/or literary characters. Quite a bit of a challenge, really. Fortunately, it didn't take me that long at all to find the perfect photo. In a lot of ways, I already knew what the perfect one was for me. I cheated a bit, since I don't know if this photo sums up my reading taste per se, or just reading, in general. Perhaps the latter. The reason I picked this photo is because it exudes simplicity. It exudes invitation to a place of comfort. From the way the glow of the lamp lightens up the room to how the bits and pieces of lace are used as curtains.. It makes everything look incredibly cozy and peaceful. Almost like a hideout of my own. And to me, that's exactly what I think about books and reading; cozy, warm, and inviting. A simple place that I want to run to. A form of escapism. A dreamy nook that is able to take me to a land of relaxation and peace. At the end of the day, I feel as if there is nothing better than getting lost in a refuge such as this, just as I believe there is nothing better than getting lost in a really good book.

.....

What about you? If you could sum up your reading taste, or your reading life in general, through a picture, what would it be? If you come up with your own, I would love, love, LOVE to see your very own images as well. Do share your link, and also, don't forget to check out others' picks as well over at Simon's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I joined in http://tampabookworm.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-reading-was-image.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call this simplicity with frills! Definitely inviting though. I would have to think a while for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it-- That is exactly the way I feel about reading too.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A form of escapism, excellent choice Jillian.

    Here is my post.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-reading-was-image-this-is-mine.html

    ReplyDelete