just finished and about to read!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I finally finished Beautiful Creatures. I really wanted to read this since the movie's out and all, and a lot of people have told me to read it. I don't know if I really "liked it-liked it" as much as maybe others did, but I thought it offered something kind of unique. I might watch the movie when it comes out on DVD or something, since I'm curious to see how the actors will portray these characters. I would recommend this book to paranormal/fantasy/YA readers and fans. I think I'm a bit tired of this genre at the moment, so I'm not all enthusiastic about it, but if you are, I say try it out!

(thoughts on movie tie-in editions? not a fan, but sometimes they're the only ones available!)

I also just bought Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, and I can not wait to read this. The premise is so intriguing, and it has been getting extremely positive reviews. Hopefully it lives up the hype. 

If you've read these two books, what did you think? Yay or nay? What are you currently reading right now? What the last book you read? What did you think of it? Hope you are having a good week so far!

8 comments:

  1. I read Beautiful Creatures around the time it came up (when it was hyped up) and felt the same way. It was enjoyable, but no where near as amazing as a lot of people thought. It will be interesting to see the movie, though.

    I've heard amazing things about Code Name Verity. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to hear someone who agrees with me about Beautiful Creatures. It was good, but nothing 'amazing.'

      Delete
  2. I'm in the middle of the last Beautiful Creatures book right now. They're not my usual style but the second and third are definitely much better than Beautiful Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to read the rest just to find out what happens next! Hope you're enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to read Beautiful Creatures soon. You offer a different perspective. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see the Perks of Being a Wallflower. Every since I saw the trailer with that awesome song "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons! But it never came to our town :( I'll probably rent it went it comes to DVD like you said b/c I've heard such great things. Also, curious to know what you think of Code Name Verity. Like you said, it got a lot of hype--and honestly, I saw a quote that really got me.
    Have a great one!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Imagine Dragons! haha. I highly recommend you to watch it! :)
      To be honest, Code Name Verity is super slow. I am hoping it picks up because so far, I'm not impressed :|

      Delete