My Book Shelf Tattoo: 7 Years in the Making

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Well, here we go. I finally got the tattoo I've been wanting for so long. I was in high school when I first thought about getting a book-related tattoo, and in 2010 - the same time I started this blog - I figured out a clear picture of what exactly I wanted. 

You all know by now what books mean to me. Ever since I was a kid, they have been such a huge part of my life. It's what I know best, and it's what been a constant significant part of my life. I've always known I was meant to work around the world of literature - as an English and writing teacher, a book blogger, and more than anything, as an aspiring published writer. 

This is my first, and most likely my last (possibly) tattoo, and they're right, tattoos are extremely painful! It was no joke, but the pain was so worth it! I would do it again. It only took my tattoo artist an hour to fully finish, and I got it from an awesome shop. If you are in the city of San Francisco, CA and you want a unique black ink tattoo, check them out by clicking here for all the yelp reviews.

Black and White photo

Colored Natural photo: no filter

What do you think? I love it so much.
So much.
Here's to doing things purely for myself. 

9 comments:

  1. That is so fantastic - I'm jealous! It looks awesome!! Good for you for getting it done. I've been wanting to get another tattoo - an open book - I just haven't made the time for it. Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it but I think you should add a book quote with it. Tattoos are addictive so i'm sure you will anyway :-) This is your 2nd right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that's so cool! I've been umming and aahing for years about having a book-related tattoo - either LITERALLY book-related, like yours, or a favourite quote or symbol from a book - but I've never been able to really pin down a design I like, so I haven't gone any further with it yet. I've also grown up with parents who are really not fans of tattoos, so... there's that. Every time I see someone with a cool design I start thinking about it again! Maybe I'll actually look into it seriously this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! So glad you love it. I have two tattoos (dolphins) but hope to get a book related one, someday. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I got one tattoo when I was 18. I put a ton of thought into and I'm still completely in loev with it. It definitely wasn't an impulse thing. I've been thinking about getting a second one for my 30th birthday. I know what I want I just haven't decided for sure. So glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Pretty. Feminine. Classic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty. The tattoo itself is very nice, and especially I like the location you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! I don't have any tattoos but now I'm thinking that it would be cool to get one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Completely late to the party but I've been wanting a book related tattoo for about 15 years now (I'm 30) and pretty much for the same reasons as you listed above. I came across yours on a Google search and I have a question for you. (it's a two-parter) Would you mind if I borrowed this design and how do you think this would like on the inner wrist?

    PS Did I mention that I absolutely love this tattoo? Cause I do!

    ReplyDelete