Latest Haul (Birthday Gifts)

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My birthday is not until Sunday and yet I've already gotten gifts from people. First, a good friend of mine got me a gift card to Half Price Books. I was so excited. I went and got six books that's been in my tbr list for a while now. 
 
  • An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison - a mental health memoir about manic depression
  • Wasted by Marya Hornbacher - a mental memoir about anorexia and bulimia
  • The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
  • Where'd You go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
  • Siddheartha by Herman Hesse
  • Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
Aside from the books, I also received this awesome mug from my boyfriend. It says, "I like to party and by party I mean read books." No truer words have been said.

13 comments:

  1. "Franny and Zooey" is a book I love, even though I'm not always sure that I get what is going on in the story. But somehow this book touches me so deeply, I'm in general a fan of Salinger's work.

    Hope you will have a great birthday!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean. I'm reading it and almost done, and while I don't completely understand what's going on, I still love the prose!! And thank you.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned but they look pretty interesting. I remember I once considered reading The Sound At The Fury because one of my relations had it but for some reason I didn't and I can't quite remember why. Hopefully you'll enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this year, you'll get to read it ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes!! So lovely. There are other perfect ones too!

      Delete
  4. Love the mug! And have a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    It's Sunday now, so Happy Birthday! =D Your books look as if they coordinated their colours. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. All the greens and the blues... thank you, friend!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday!! Came to your post on the right day. :-) That's a great book haul - hope you enjoy the Bernadette book. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, happy birthday, Jillian! It's pretty cool that you have friends in your life who totally get you and get you bookish gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that mug! If I needed more mugs in my kitchen, I would definitely track that one down.

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday and got to do lots of reading! :)

    ReplyDelete