me... finally getting that tattoo I have been talking about.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Almost three years ago, I wrote a blog post on here about me dreaming and imagining about getting a tattoo. 

Well, it is official. I am almost 25 years old, and I figured that it is about time I finally went for it. I have booked my tattoo artist and everything. It took me a while to look for the perfect artist, but as soon as  I saw his work, I knew I had to get him to do my tattoos. 

I have had this idea for a few years now. I was a senior in high school when I first entertained the idea. I have changed over the years, but one thing has remained constant: my love for literature. For words. For the art of writing them and reading them. 

I've always aspired to become a published writer, ever since I was a child. Mostly, I have always been a reader, and books mean a lot to me. 

On my left wrist, it will be ONE shelf with books lined up. On my right wrist, it will be a quill and ink OR a fountain pen - it depends on the designs we come up with when I have a consultation soon. Also, I am getting a smallish tattoo on my outer forearm (possibly on the left side) of a quote I have always loved and believed in.

I am officially getting it done in May, and I will definitely share photos once they're finished. I am beyond excited. This is truly a big deal to me; it's almost liberating, to do something for ME and myself only. 

Do you have tattoos? Please tell me all about it/them! 


8 comments:

  1. hey missy!! oh my gosh i remember you talking about it. gosh was it so long ago. those sound really good. can't wait to see them. i would prob get some soppy melina marchetta quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would get a Melina Marchetta quote, her books are so good! And so good to see you on here!! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. I remember you discussing the quote tattoo, I'm excited for you. You do realize those 3 tattoos will probably be done in 3 different sittings or are you going to go for it and get them done at the same time? Love the inner wrist tattoos, I have 1 on my left, my last name. I have a symbol on my shoulder blade, the eye of Horus on my bikini line and a personal created symbol on my chest above breast area. LOVE my tattoos, I am considering another for my other wrist possibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tattoo artist said he can do all three since they're all fairly small and minimal. And OOhhh I am especially intrigued by the eye of Horus tattoo! I always love listening to people's stories behind their tattoos!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo sounds awesome. I have 4. One is a quill. I can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!! I want to see your quill tattoo! (if you would share it! haha)

      Delete
  4. Heyo! The quill and book shelf sounds fantastic! If i had the guts for one more tattoo would definitely think of doing a quill. I have two tattoos - a peacock feather (for my Indian roots) and a Masai warrior shield (for the Kenyan in me)

    Lots of luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! So glad you're going to finally get them! I have one that I got quite a few years ago and I love it dearly. Recently I've been debating getting a second and have been working on a design. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete