The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Genre: General Fiction
Rating: 5 stars

Review: Don’t let the fact that this book has close to 700 pages scare you off, because if you do, you will miss out on a really good old-fashioned, mysterious story filled with memorable and believable characters.

Before I continue with the praising, I do have to say the biggest challenge with this one would be the constant shift to the past, present, and in between. The transitions were not as smooth as I would have liked them to be, that at times the decade jumping got confusing. However, it was something that I learned to be accustomed to. So despite this, I’d still give it five stars and would still definitely recommend this book!

Now to continue on with the praising: I thought the stories intertwined well and the subtle clues were pretty clever. It was definitely intriguing, suspenseful, original, and was extremely well-written. The setting I thought was wonderful, and the right amount of romance, mystery, Gothic-like vibe, and family stories were all nice touches. The ending, as well, was worth the long read, as it was unfolded in such a wonderful and compelling fashion.

Definitely one of the BEST books with great writing that I’ve read this year. The cover looks nice too, just in case you’re thinking of getting it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment