Book Expo America + A Little Wishlist

Saturday, May 22, 2010

All this talk about the Book Expo America is kind of driving me crazy. Mainly because I wish I could go! I find myself reading other book blogger's posts on their blogs and on twitter about it, and I am honestly getting excited for them as well! So if you are one of the very lucky ones who get to go to this premiere event, I hope you have the awesome-est time :)
If you can't go though (ahem, like me) do check out Armchair BEA Central! It's almost the same version, but will all take place online. It sounds exciting, so I'm definitely in for this one.

If you don't what Book Expo America is, you can read more about it here. If you'd like to take my word for it though, here's a little explanation; Book Expo America or BEA is a publishing event here in North America. It takes place in New York City on May 25-27. It's the place to show our passion for books. Several publishers and authors will be there, with their own booths. Publishers give free ARCs, and some authors sign their books and give them to you for free. I'm not joking either. There will be discussions on several different topics, different panels, etc. Honestly though, it's not just those that I love about this event -- though that's always a little perk too, right? ;) -- it's the fact that this is the ultimate book lover/blogger/worm/nerd/dork/geek's event! Maybe next year attending this will be my birthday gift for myself :)

Wishlist Time!
Non-fiction:
1. Residence on Earth by Pablo Neruda
2. A Writer's San Francisco by Eric Maisel
3. I Am An Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler

Fiction:
I've actually read all of these, I just would love to have my own copies of them! Haha.
1. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
2. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
4. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
5. Willow by Julia Hoban

**
Hope you are having a great weekend so far! Happy reading :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I super-wish I could go to BEA. I'm so far away... Aw, THE CARRIE DIARIES sounds great and is being released in Brazil very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEA sounds like an amazing event. I hope I get to go someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even knew about BEA til this month! I'm totally going to try to go next year though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds liek fun, enjoy the armchair version :)

    ReplyDelete