So forgive me if I'm still in the whole Harry Potter zone until now, but I can't help it if I'm still completely hungover from the watching the final movie.
Anyway, earlier today, I had this interesting conversation with my bookish co-worker about Horcruxes - what would we do if we had the opportunity to split our soul into 7 pieces. I thought this was a fascinating idea so I decided I should make a post out of it.
- This specific copy of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - You all know Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all time, and you also know I have quite a lot of different copies of it. This one specifically is special. I found it when we just came from the Philippines about 6 years ago, when I was so homesick. We were staying at my great Aunt's house at that time. I was helping out with organizing her garage, and in one of the boxes, was this copy. I didn't read it until later on, but it meant a lot because it was nice to find a 'hidden treasure' that cured my homesickness at that time, even for a little bit!
- This pendant - Tim gave this to me last year for my birthday. I wear it almost every single day! My outfit would seriously sometimes feel incomplete without it. It's so simple and tasteful, yet elegant, meaningful, and timeless. Love it so much!
- Rent "bible" by Jonathan Larson - I love music, and I absolutely love Broadway. This is my favorite musical, ever. And this book, is genius. Must read and buy for any rent heads out there!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - mini book 'collector's' item - given to me by my Aunt. I really just like this one! It's easy to hide, and nobody will think that I would consider putting my soul into such a tiny little thing. It's also my favorite book from the series so I'd have to pick that specific one.
- The Little Mermaid music box - It's just gorgeous to me, and the Little Mermaid was my favorite as a kid (imagine me at my 6th birthday party, singing Look at this stuff... isn't it neat...) And I just adore music boxes in general. I think they're simply lovely and sentimental.
- My 'literature/words/typewriter' art - Another amazing handmade gift from Tim for Christmas. It sums up my love for literature! He drew a typewriter, and on the paper coming out from it is a copy of my favorite poem of all-time. On the sides are some of my favorite quotes and lines from books. The most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten.
Is this answer acceptable? Well, I'd like to think so. I'd want to have a 2nd life in my pocket, you know... just in case. Ha. What about you? I really want to know what your horcruxes would be! Leave a comment or do a post-response :D
EDIT: Check this Horcrux post by my cousin, Justine. clickclickclick