The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 2.5 stars

Review: This was alright. It's one of those books that I find hard to fully review since I thought it was just an okay read; I didn't LOVE it, but there's really nothing to hate about it either.

I believe that if you typically enjoy the YA genre, you might appreciate this.
For me, personally, I found it a bit forgettable. While the premise is interesting and intriguing, the writing overall didn't do it much for me. There were some parts that were drawn out that I thought could have just been edited out, and some parts when details lacked. I also didn't particularly root for the characters. Even though they were realistic and believable characters, I unfortunately couldn't connect to them. This of course almost always leads to me not really liking the book as a whole. So for that reason, I'm giving this 2.5 stars.

2 comments: