Alex Pettyfer + 13 Reasons Why + Katniss

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have to ask this question. Is there really no one else that is blonde, good-looking, "fairly hot," and a teenage boy in the movie industry today but Alex Pettyfer? Seriously. Alex Rider. I Am Number Four. Beastly. Rumored to be Jace in the Mortal Instruments movie adaptation. Possible selection as Peeta in The Hunger Games. Listing the movies, it seems like it's not a lot, but seeing that these are all based on Young Adult novels, I think we may be seeing a pattern here. Don't get me wrong; he's cute and likable and all -- and I'm really not complaining because I actually do like him haha -- but it is sort of funny. To be honest though, I did try to come up with other actors that could play the roles he did -- and I'm most curious to figure out who will play Peeta -- but I can't really think of any. I guess that's a good thing for him.

Speaking of movie roles, I don't know if this is just a rumor or is confirmed, but apparently Selena Gomez is going to be playing Hannah in the movie adaptation of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Hmm... Selena Gomez can be cute, but I just don't see her as a depressed, suicidal teenage girl. I really can picture Kaya Scodelario playing her instead. She was Effy in the popular UK show, Skins. She pretty much played a very troubled, depressed girl, and she was amazing at doing so, to say the least. Who do you imagine playing the role of Hannah?


And while we're at the topic of picking movie roles, who do you think should play Katniss Everdeen? This is a bit of a stretch, since so many people have so many different choices! But I have to say, without thinking of their ages, I'd say Kaya Scodelario, Emma Roberts, and possibly Camilla Belle. However, I think I would prefer it if they brought in a completely new actress.


What do you think? Any ideas for replacements for Alex Pettyfer? Who should play Hannah of Thirteen Reasons Why and Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games?

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you!
    Alex Pettyfer is in all the YA adaptions these days. Some of my friends think that Hunter Parrish should play Peeta. (He played the older son in Weeds)
    I think Alex is the perfect Jace for me. He just has that edge that Jace has, ya know? But supposedly he might take a role for a popular British book series adaption. (And I really love Lily Collins as Clary)
    Honestly, I cannot see Selena doing anything other than Disney. She just has that cheerfulness, bubbly attitude that cannot play dark roles, like Hannah. I didn't even know they were making a movie of it, so I'm stoked. Kaya would be great for it, though.
    And lastly*, I think either Lyndsy Fonseca, or Kaya would be perfect for Hunger Games.

    *I am soooo sorry this is so long :X
    I can't even imagine what you're gonna think lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaya S is so pretty and she was awesome in Skins! Great choice as Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren - Hunter Parrish can pass as Peeta, but imo, he looks too much like a pretty boy. Haha. I do think Alex P. can be good as Jace as well. And don't worry; I do like long comments!

    Juju - :) So do I.

    Sheila Deeth - I can't really see him as Peeta, I think because I imagine him as Jace in the Mortal Instruments series a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about Alex. He's been getting a lot of work lately and it seems like his name is thrown out there for every possible YA book to movie adaptation.

    I haven't read 13 Reasons Why yet but Selena Gomez doesnt seem like a good fit for me either. Her look is too commercial considering the story and role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - I think 'commercial' is exactly the word I was looking for. Selena Gomez just doesn't seem to fit the role in my opinion, that's all.

    ReplyDelete