Weekend finds.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

There are two random things about me: 1) I have this obsession with owning pretty, vintage-y, classic looking books and 2) My favorite color is pink. On Friday, the book I received has both! I was surprised with a gorgeous copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from someone "just because." I have to say, it is the most perfect thing I have seen in a long time. It's too nice that I'm even afraid to open it for fear I might damage it!
To an average person, I am sounding crazy just about now, but if you are also a bookworm & a bibliophile, I'm sure you understand me and my crazy addiction. Haha.

(front & back)

Then today, I decided to go to Half Price Books again. I went in, telling myself I can not buy any more books. I did not succeed with my initial plan though, since I gave in and ended up buying 11 books! Total price though?
$12.05.
$12.05! How could I not buy?
They're all used copies, but don't look worn out at all. Isn't that amazing?
I love that store.

(11 books + the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland copy)

So yes, my weekend was interesting. I had a fun, adventurous, and productive Friday, and a really lazy Saturday. As for Sunday, it was a cross of two good things: lazy-productive, if that's even possible. Having said that, it was pretty a good weekend- add in a bunch of new books - and I can say it was pretty great.

Hope you had a great weekend as well! :)

8 comments:

  1. Great goodreads idea! I'm following your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that edition of Alice! Enjoy your half-price haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Good Grief but I never read it yet. I'll be looking forward to your review. I love that edition of Alice in Wonderland, I'm obsessed with everything pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone =]
    @Sarah, I am also following you. Love your blog!

    @ds & @ Jennifer: You should be able to find the pink Alice edition in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble! If you decide to get it, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of all those new books! Great price!
    That edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is fantastic :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are girl after my own heart, Jillian. Love classic looking keeper books and I certainly don't mind used books. I've cleaned up at Half Price Books a few times myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can think of one lazy act that can be productive when done at the right time: rest :)

    Congratulations on those pretty bookish finds. I'd love to read Clockwork Orange someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cozy Book Nook: Half Price books is my weakness.

    @Mark David: I agree, rest/sleep is a verryyy productive activity. Thanks! And Clockwork Orange is amazingly creepy -- i liked it.

    ReplyDelete