BEA: needs convincing + questions

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Should I go to Book Expo America 2011? I've always wanted to go! I'll be surrounded by books and bookish people, in a city that I want to live in! But, and there's a very big but, is it worth splurging on? Flights, hotel, other expenses... seems like it may cost a bit-- like any other trip/vacation would, I know -- so I need a little bit of convincing.

Why do you want to go to BEA? And if you've been there, what makes you come back? Also, how and where do you register? Is it true that there is a fee for book bloggers this year unlike last year?

To go would be an amazing experience, but I want to make sure it'll be worth it. Thanks for your feedback!

5 comments:

  1. You don't have to splurge on BEA. It might seem that way at first but there are so many things you can do in order to keep it from becomming a huge expense. Kirti of The Story Siren just did a great post about it yesterday, you should definitely check it out. http://www.thestorysiren.com/2011/01/bea-budget-tricks-and-tips.html

    I do hope you decide to attend. I'll hopefully be going this year, and i can't wait to meet some of my fellow bloggers :)

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: you can register at this link under 'press' which is free: https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/AttendeeRegLoginServlet?evt_uid=366&site=PRESS&campaignid=61597669&iusercampaignid=64523895&campaigncode=WL6

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, i was just going to say that you could stay with me but I'll be in MI during this. :(

    how is the socal trip planning on your end going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jillian! My first response was to say "yeah, go for it! I'm going too!" but...it is insanely expensive. My family's paying my hotel and other expenses, because they're giving me this trip as a graduation present. We bought plane tickets with our miles. It is incredibly expensive. Like, there's this play that I really want to see while I'm there, and they told me that I'd have to pay for it myself...and the $$$ is insane up there! But then again, I think you live in Cali? NYC isn't that expensive, compared to California, lol. They cancel each other out. But I've spent the last 4 years living in Reasonably-Priced-Land (aka Texas) so prices definitely get to me!
    Lol, you'll make the right decision :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm dragging my husband and we're going! I had so much fun at the SIBA event in Florida last fall, that I can't imagine not going to BEA - hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete