recommended books with a little help from 2010..

Monday, January 3, 2011

In 2010, I read a total of 102 books. I was fortunate enough to have read mostly good ones, and only disliked a few. However, there are some books that stood out the most to me in the past year, and I decided to compile a list of these. These are books that I read in 2010, enjoyed and loved. These are the books that I feel comfortable recommending to others who are looking for a new read. If you have read any of the books here, let me know which ones -- just by telling me which number -- and also what you thought of them. Also, if you have other suggestions of books you read the past year and that you personally highly recommend, feel free to do so. Happy New Year everybody!

1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foe
2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll
3. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - and the rest of the books in the series
5. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
6. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
7. Willow by Julia Hoban
8. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
9. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
11. I Am An Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler
12. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
13. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
14. East by Edith Pattou
15. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
16. Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
17. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
18. Matched by Ally Condie
19. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
20. Fire in the Blood by Irene Nemirovsky
21. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
22. Room by Emma Donoghue
23. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
24. Looking for Alaska by John Green
25. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
26. One Day by David Nicholls



5 comments:

  1. YAYY for JSF being numero uno on your list! You know how obsessed I am with that book! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great reading year! I have The Lightening Thief books in my TBR.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 102 books?! That's awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 102, great job! You read some wonderful ones. Ender's Game, Extremely Loud, Diving Bell, Still Alice, Room and Looking for Alaska are all favorites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started a list of my books but didn't keep it up-- I think I will try again this year.

    I've only read 2, 4, and 8. I want to read Maze Runner for sure since it is dystopian.

    ReplyDelete