100th Book for 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I set out a goal at the beginning of the year to read 100 books this 2010. I have read 99 books so far, and I felt like I just realized that this morning. So all day, pretty much, I've been coming up with titles I have been wanting to read for a while. I thought though, it would be fun if someone else picked it for me. So I asked my cousin, Justine, to recommend me one. She and I pretty much like the same books, so I went to her for a suggestion. She recommended a General Fiction novel, and as soon as I read its synopsis, I was sold.

Meet the official 100th book, everyone! One Day by David Nicholls is about Emma and Dexter who meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. The next day, they must go their separate ways. "Where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that? And every year that follows?" Basically, it will show their separate lives over the course of twenty years. I just thought that sounds so interesting and intriguing, I knew I just had to give it a go.

Now my question for you is; if you had to pick a 100th book for others to read, what book would it be? Recommend a good one, and I might choose it as my 101st ;) Ha ha ha. Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. This is such a great book, hope you enjoy as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this one!! I'm hoping it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about this one. I'd say your cousin made a nice choice :) I would recommend something special for #101, such as a classic you've always wanted to read, a book published in the year you were born, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunds like a great story. Congrats on reaching a wonderul goal! I feel successful if I read 50 :) I have started a 100 Best Books list, which is subjective of course. I like the idea of reading a classic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief is my go to recommendation, but I know you already love it. I thought One Day was an interesting read. I had some issuse with it, but I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see what you think of it! afterwards then you should check my mom's post to see if she picked your favorite quotes! love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy it and congrats are at hand it would seem, well done girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on reaching 100 books this year! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on reading 100 books this year! that is impressive!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm still reading this. It's taking me a long time! But it's really good so far.

    ReplyDelete