the Holiday tag

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I was bored one day, and was looking for a 'holiday tag' to answer. I couldn't really find any, so I decided to create my own. These are basic questions that I made up and answered. And basically, if you're reading this, then you have been officially tagged to answer this as well! All you have to do is copy and paste the questions, answer it yourself, and post it somewhere. On your blog, as a comment.. Feel free to do whatever you want! Just don't forget to mention who tagged you, and of course, do try to tag others as well! Now to be more specific, I will tag some book bloggers down below. As for the questions and my answers...

1. When do you usually know and feel that it's finally the holidays?
- Christmas music playing everywhere, Christmas lights on houses and stores, and when Starbucks bring back their holiday drinks!

2. What do you want for Christmas this year?
- Either a plane ticket and a hotel booking for BEA '11. Haha. In all seriousness, a new bedding set would be nice..

3. Do you go all out with decorations?
- We have a Christmas tree, lights outside, and some garlands with lights on the fireplace. Our table centerpieces change colors as well, of course. We don't really go too crazy though; just simple and staple decors.

4. What are you doing Christmas eve?
- I will be with my dad's side of the family, enjoying each other's company, eating good food, (maybe drink a little), opening presents, and do our annual Secret Santa.

5. What are you doing Christmas day?
- I'll be with my parents, and two siblings. Most likely, my mom will cook. We might watch Narnia later on at night -- it comes out Dec.25.

5. It's Christmas time. What are you reading?
- During the holidays, I especially enjoy re-reading some of my favorites growing up: the Harry Potter books, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L' Engle, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. There's just something festive about those books for some reason, even though they have nothing to do with Christmas time.

6. Favorite movie to watch during the holidays?
- I like to re-watch Paris Je Taime, Toy Story, and Love Actually every year. I just adore those movies. Most especially though, I always have to re-watch You've Got Mail. My favorite still!

7. Favorite Christmas song?
- The Christmas Song, and My Grown-Up Christmas List - Michael Buble's version.

8. Favorite holiday drink?
- Good old Hot chocolate or Peppermint Mocha!

9. How is your Christmas shopping going?
- Half done. There's not a lot on my list; only the closest family and friends. The rest do get Christmas cards though :)

10. If you could spend Christmas day anywhere else, where would you spend it?
- Paris, because I am in love with the idea of finally visiting, and because I have never been!! Or New York City, because I love that place.

11. Any holiday traditions?
- I like to celebrate Simbang Gabi every year. Simbang Gabi or Mass at Dawn, is a nine day Catholic ritual novena that occurs over 9 days starting on December 16 and ending on December 24. It is usually performed as early as 4 or 5 in the morning. I usually go with a group of my closest friends. We head out to work or school straight after. It takes a lot of effort waking up every morning so early, but to me, it's definitely worth it.

12. Favorite thing about the Holidays?
- Aside from having more time to spend with my family and my best friends, it's probably the festive, caring, giving, joyous, loving mood everywhere! People for the most part seem to be kinder and nicer. Everyone's generous, and everyone just seems to be a lot happier. It's such a general thing, but just being around happy and loving people, it's unbelievably contagious and heartwarming! There's nothing better than feeling pure joy and contentment.

--

Again, if you happen to be reading this, you are all tagged. Specifically, I tag...
Enbrethiliel from Shredded Cheddar

Have fun, enjoy, and happy holildays everyone :)

9 comments:

  1. Hey Jillian, thanks for the tag. I will try to do the post, time permitting. It's so hectic at work and home will be very busy with all the family coming in next week. It's going to be a full house...I remember Love Actually, brings fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this so brings me in the right mood for Christmas! Thanks for taggig me Sweetie! Paris is a wonderful city also in Winter and I'm so with you for the BEA ticket. I wish I could go there too next year - would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks for tagging me Jillian! Christmas is my favourite time of year and I can't wait to post my answers on my blog soon :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea for a tag! I joined in, too. Here's my post. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag and good questions. Plus it reminded me to re-do my blog template in Christmas colours. I joined the tag to and posted the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BookQuoter - Happy Holidays to you guys! :)

    Danny - You're very welcome! I can't wait to read your answers, and I hope you can go to BEA next year. I don't know if I am yet, but I hope.. I hope.. I hope..

    Steph - You're welcome! Can't wait to read your answers!

    Teacher/Learner - Thanks :) I will check out yours asap!

    Pepca - Yay, I will check out your blog as well. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh thanks for tagging me :)

    I don't think I will be able to repost it but I love that you thought of me :)

    I <3 Christmas.

    I LOVE peppermint mochas.
    Playing the Nutcracker to get in the mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas sweet Jillian!

    Is that your tree? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Juju! No, it's not my tree although I wish, I wish, I wish it was! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete