5 Random Things in Your Room: Tag

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I decided to do this fun little activity where if you're tagged, what you have to do is to basically show, as the title says, 5 random things in your room. It could be anything at all -- a prized possession, something from you were a kid, something with sentimental value, etc. If you would like to do this, feel free! I tag everyone who would like to make their own. Specifically, I tag these fellow book bloggers! Leave your link as a comment if you ever decide to do this :)

Jess @ Tangled In Blue
Adriana @ Loves to Read
Raila @ Books Out Of The Bookshelves
Enbrethiliel @ Shredded Cheddar
Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner
La Coccinelle @ The Ladybug Reads

...

1. Acoustic Guitar- It's old, and it doesn't even tune well anymore. Despite this, I still use it. It's well loved.


2. Homemade Wall Art- My favorite piece of art, hands down. My best friend, Tim, made this for me as a Christmas gift. What he did was he drew a typewriter, used pink letters to make the keys, and wrote a copy of Pablo Neruda's Sonnet 17 -- my most favorite poem -- on the paper "coming out" from the typewriter. Written on the sides, top, and the bottom, are some of my favorite quotes from some of my favorite books. This wall art inspires me every time I see it as it sums up who I am, ultimately, as a reader and a writer.


3. Vintage Glass Bottles- I've always loved vintage and antique things, mainly because I like history. These glass bottles, to me, are just one of those little, quirky things I love. They're mere objects, but they have so much life in them. They share the stories of the past, and they've been used and loved by someone before. Not to mention, they're gorgeous to look at especially when the sunlight hits them during the day.


4. A Little Mermaid Music Box- Did I ever tell you how much I love music boxes? Because I do! I have two others, but this is my favorite! This was one was a gift from my sister. She knows that Ariel was and is my favorite Disney Princess. Also, I have always been in love with the ocean and water life. In fact, when I was little, when my family and I would go on trips to go swim somewhere, I'd always pretend I was a mermaid, swimming, without a care in the world. This one's pretty special because it reminds me greatly of my childhood.


5. A Drawing - First off, I don't draw at all. This one was an attempt I did, inspired by none other than one of my favorite indie artists, Becky Filip. I worked on it one day during the Spring time when some of my friends and I went to the beach. It was more of a secluded area; not crowded, which we loved. We pretended we owned the land, and each of us took out a piece of paper and let our creativity flow. Some wrote, others played their guitars, while some attempted to draw. The day was used to relax and "get away from it all", due to all the stress going on at that time, and that's exactly what we did.

....

Well, that was actually pretty fun. Haha. I'd love to see your lists as well, so go ahead and leave a comment with your links! :) Thanks everyone, and happy Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. I love your photos! So artsy. :)

    I'll have to see what I can dig up that's moderately interesting. I'm sure you don't want to see the contents of my trash can. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    This ought to be challenging. I assume we're not really allowed to photograph our books, as we usually do! =P Let me see what hidden gems my room contains . . .

    PS--You got my e-mail for "Show and Tell," right? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Jillian--and don't sell yourself short! That is a very nice drawing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I loved these glass bottles. I really DID! It's so interesting! Let's see what do I have of interesting things to show. lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi:
    Just found your site via The Ladybug Reads. So glad that I did. Am now a new follower and look forward to your future postings. I can be found
    here.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks for tagging me. I don't have anything worth sharing in my room... :(
    I love both the wall art your friend made for you and the drawing you made, which is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me, Jillian! :) I loved your pictures!

    Anyway, here's my link:

    http://jessikay89-likearollingstone.blogspot.com/2010/07/5-random-things-in-my-room-tag.html

    Hopefully, I don't bore you to death!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your typewriter piece! What an amazing gift and work of art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @La Coccinelle: Aw, thanks! Glad you did the tag, I thought it was pretty fun :)

    @E: It was challenging, but hey, it's 5 things now.. no need for 10 this time ;) And yes, I got your email. Thank you so much! I'll let you know when I post it up!

    @Julie P: Thank you. The artist, Becky Filip, has some beautiful and unique artworks, it was hard not to get inspired by them.

    @Raila: They really are, aren't they? When I got them at a vintage store, there was a tag that says that it's from the 1930's, used as medicine bottles. I thought it was pretty cool.

    @CMash: Aw, thank you! I'll go check out your blog too. Thanks for visiting!

    @Adriana: Aw, I'm sure there is. And thank you, the artwork he made is truly wonderful. I can't stop staring at it and it's been months since I got it :)

    @Jess: No problem! And so glad you did the tag, it was pretty fun! :)

    @Holly: I loved it too, my friend did an awesome job :) It pretty much sums up who I am as a book nerd, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are great artifacts and all look so artsy. If I had done this meme, I'd have nothing cool... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where in the world did you get that Little Mermaid music box? I would love to get one for my close friend (she's obsessed with Ariel).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where on earth did you get that Little Mermaid music box? One of my close friends would cry her eyes out if I got her such a beautiful item (she's also obsessed with the Little Mermaid).

    ReplyDelete