Summer Beach Reads Challenge!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer's here, and with this season, comes a lot more reading time. I saw this exciting challenge hosted by some of my favorite book bloggers so I knew I had to join. You can check them out over here:

Raila @ Books Out of the Bookshelves

There are FOUR different levels, and I think I am going to go for Dolphin, which means I will read 12 Summer beach reads! For me, beach reads mean pretty much anything that is entertaining. Here is a list of books I think I will be devouring. It might change, of course.

1. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
3. Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen
4. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
5. White Cat by Holly Black
6. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway
7. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
8. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
9. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
10.
11.
12.
There will be mini giveaways and there's been several book bloggers that have already signed up. This sounds like a lot of fun, so I hope you consider joining as well!
To learn more about the challenge and to sign up, go ahead and click here.





9 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jill! You rock! I wish I could get entries for the giveaways, too. HAHAHAH. There are some great prizes coming for you all! :) Thank you so much for participating. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm hoping for Dolphin too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by on the hop. I'm doing the Summer Beach Reads Challenge too, but I'm not quite sure what I'll read yet. Your list looks great! You've definitely gained another follower. I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the hop, just popping in to say hi! I'm a new follower. Happy Friday!

    Jenny
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping in from the Book Blogger Hop! =))

    I'm already a follower! =)

    Happy Reading!

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo

    http://www.larissaslife.com/2010/07/book-blogger-hop-folow-my-book-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a follower! I also wanted to let you know that I have a huge announcement up today! My debut novel is getting published! Please stop by, I would really appreciate it and could use all the help I can get on spreading the word and would love to know what you think of the cover art!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    P.S.- My release date if Friday the 13th (August this year) isn't that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raila: Sure thing! Loved the idea, so I just couldn't resist <3

    @Collegiate Bookworm: Yay, Dolphins ;)

    @Liz: Thank you, Liz! The challenge sounds really fun, and can't wait to hear what other bloggers picked for their summer reading list. Hope you have a great weekend as well!

    @Jenny: Hi, Jenny! I'll go look at your blog as well.

    @Larissa: Have a great weekend as well and happy reading!

    @Emma Michaels: Thank you, and I will check that one out, thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, if you're looking for suggestions, I highly recommend Christopher Moore's latest, Fool. It's a retelling of King Lear and is just about the funniest novel I've read from Moore. If you've already read that one, nevermind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just "hopping" by to say HI! Looking forward to reading your reviews :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Vanessa :D
    {Don't forget to check out our NEW bookish Vlog! Thanks!!}
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete