Inception: Movie Review!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This review contains no spoilers.

An inception is when you plant a specific idea in someone else's mind without them realizing that you're doing it to them or that you're toying with them. The idea then becomes their own -- believes in them and swears by them. It grows within them, and eventually, it becomes theirs and theirs alone.

So what is this movie about? Ideas. And dreams. Dreams within dreams. Reality. The subconscious. Then, more ideas. A mixture of heist/action/sci-fi/thriller all rolled into one. The movie's plot may sound difficult to understand at first, but the truth is, it's actually pretty simple. The only thing is, you do have to think about it first before you might get it, and you are forced to think. I kind of liked this, as it really challenged me as a viewer to think outside the box.

I'm no movie expert, but I have to say, I loved the visual effects. I loved the overall cinematography of it. I loved the action sequences. I loved the script! The writing is just excellent! It's smart and witty, interesting and engaging. And the acting.. let's just say that with a huge cast of great actors like these, it's to be expected that they will be good. Fortunately, they did not disappoint. Each of them delivered their characters, their roles, and their dialogues so well.

Overall, it's an exciting film. It's different, and it's quite unique. It is well-written, and well-acted. As for the questions everyone's asking:
"Is this really the best movie ever?" Hmm.. no, but it certainly is one of the best in 2010 so far!
"Is it really as good as everyone says it is?" Yes, I believe so!
"Should I see it?" Oh, most definitely.

P.S. I still have a huge crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt! From 10 Things I Hate About You in 1999, to 500 Days of Summer, to Inception, I have to say he's still so cute. That's all.


7 comments:

  1. Haha JGL is pretty darn cute, isn't he? I loved Inception. It was mind boggling! Confusing at times, but it was actually part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Inception too. It's so nice to have a summer movie that actually makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review - I agree: not the best of all time, but the best of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Just dropping by to gush a bit more about your blog and let you know that you've got an award waiting for you over on my blog...
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/
    Congrats!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read quite a few good reviews on this one! I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! I love love love your movie reviews-for some reason i trust whatever your opinion is cause i think we think alike when it comes to movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @May: Oh gosh, JGL is adorable!!! Gah. Haha. And yes, it is confusing.. but good once you get it!

    @Avid Reader: Agree 100%!

    @Julie: I really loved it! Got me thinking, even days after I saw it! :)

    @Ellie: Thank you!

    @Holly: It's really good and worth the $$! Would love to know when you get to see it. Hope you're feeling much better!

    @Katherine: Haha, glad you like it, Katherine! :D Have you seen this already?

    ReplyDelete