Book Blogger Hop

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Welcome to my blog! If you came here from the Book Blogger Hop over at Crazy-for-Books, thanks for visiting! This is where I talk, rant, rave, and gush about all things, books! This week, Jennifer asks, "Do you use a rating system for your reviews?" For me, it varies, depending on the book and on the genre. Generally, I try to put ratings, because it's more straight-forward that way. But sometimes, I struggle to do so. Some are just more difficult to rate than others, so when they are, I try to let my review -- and hope that is able to -- speak for itself.

Other than that, we have lots of things going on this blog this month, so whenever you get the chance do check them out!
  • Charity Event! Donate, spread the word, and win awesome prizes, all for a great cause.
  • Top Ten Picks - a weekly meme where we list our top 10 choices based on various topics!
I'd love to check your blog out as well, so please leave your link here if you can. Also, visit me on Twitter! Haha. Happy Friday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Jillian!

    I hope you had a good week! I understand what you mean about it sometime being difficult to give ratings. I'll spend an hour or two deciding what to give a book every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jillian! Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog.

    Cheers!

    -Len-
    Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your blog. I'm a new follower and if I don't see you on the Hop I'll still be back to say Hi again :D

    COme by ans read my answer at http://thebookishsnob.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jillian! I'm a new follower from the hop :)

    I get how hard it is to come up with a rating! Sometimes a book is really good, then something happens in the story and it all goes downhill. I hate it when that happens! But I still use ratings, though, just to give readers a general idea of the book :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Erika
    Erika Breathes Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie - Yeah, I am very, very indecisive when it comes to ratings sometimes. Hope you had a great week too!

    Maidenveil - Happy weekend!

    TheBookishSnob - Thank you :) I'll make sure to visit your blog today or tomorrow too!

    Erika - I love ratings as it does give a general idea. I wish I was just a little bit more decisive with mine, haha. Have a great weekend to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Just hopping by! If you have a chance, stop by The Wormhole and check out my 300 follower giveaway! Happy reading – have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here for the Hop! I do not use a rating system. No two books are alike! I love the banner.

    http://firepages.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your blog.

    Just hopping by....

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance for the answer to this week's questions, and reviews on I'd Know you Anywhere by Laura Lippman, Saving Cee Cee Honeycut by Beth Hoffman, and many others.

    Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see my answer to the rating question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete