Inspiration: the Last Weeks of Summer

Thursday, August 26, 2010

In less than a month from now, the seasons will change -- leaves will fall and the breeze will be a lot cooler. It will be Autumn, and Summer would have ended. Time goes by so fast; I don't even know where it went.

My summer was mostly spent cleaning and organizing my room, working, watching movies on DVD, writing, blogging, and reading. Actually, I did a whole lot of writing and reading done, and I am extremely happy about that! I just don't get that much free time usually. Of course, there were also the occasional planned getaways, as well as spontaneous day trips either with my family or with my friends. There were the movie nights, the game nights.. It's been a good one, and I will certainly miss the season! The sun.. sleeping in.. the summer dresses.. the beach.. picnics at the park.. the laziness.. the freedom.. and yes, maybe even the heat. How did you spend yours, and what will be the things you will miss most about it?

This "goodbye-Summer" post is mainly to inspire you to get up and enjoy the last few weeks of it. There's still some left, so enjoy :)


5 comments:

  1. Sometimes jealousy occupied my mind when I think another part of the world is experiencing 4 seasons which is the thing we don't go through here in Malaysia. Haha!! But I'm grateful to live a happy life here. So, I don't really have a summer story I guess...but, recently the weather going haywire here. Sometimes too hot, and when it feels like raining...it falls...=) have a nice day Jillian..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cj, is that your name? Hehe. Well, I do know what you mean. I grew up in the Philippines until I was 15, so I know how it is not to have four seasons. I do like it though :) Have a nice day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! yeah..CJ's my name. You are a philipino? no wonder you have an asia look face. OK, I know some tagalog...let me try.

    Me problema ka ba?
    Mahal kita...lahat..lahat..mahal kita. hahaha!!
    I used to be a big fan of Christine Hermosa and Jericho Rosales actually. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images, as always Jillian! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    I like the one with the watermelon the best. =P I never pass up an opportunity to enjoy fruits in season!

    Thanks for the inspirational pictures, as always. =)

    ReplyDelete