Bookish Questionnaire

Thursday, August 19, 2010

This week's Booking Through Thursday features some bookish questions for every reader. I decided to go ahead and answer them. There's quite a lot of questions, but I actually took out some that aren't really relevant to me. It can be pretty fun answering these, so if you ever decide to this survey, I'd love to read your answers as well. Link up ;)

1. Favorite childhood book? The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

2. What are you reading right now? I am currently re-reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I am not really reading anything new at the moment since I just finished with The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong. Review will be up soon!

3. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? One at a time!

4. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Most definitely! I look at books -- reading and writing about them -- not just as a casual reader, but a reviewer as well. I see literature in many ways that I never did before. I like the change!

5. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?) The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell! It was just really bad.

6. What is your reading comfort zone? General Fiction. Contemporary Literature. Young Adult. Also, I am secretly obsessed with the Mystery/Medical/Thriller genre.

7. Favorite place to read? In my dreams, it would be in a little, quaint town, in a cottage by the lake. Preferably at a secret floral garden. In reality, it would be in my room, in bed.

8. What is your policy on book lending? !!! Depends on who I'm lending it to! One time, I let someone borrow a paperback copy. She returns it to me with a ripped -- and taped up -- front cover. I almost screamed. Thankfully, I was able to stop myself. Nowadays, the only people I trust with my books is my sister. Haha.

9. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I loved it that much.

10. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yes, and that is why I might never pick another one again.

11. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? Probably Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I love that it's inspirational, without it even trying to be.

12. How often do you agree with critics about a book? My critics are my fellow book bloggers. They're the ones I trust the most when it comes to books!

13. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I don't really feel bad about them at all. I mean, if I didn't like a book, I have to admit it, right? However, if it's a book I was really hoping to love, then I just feel bad about it overall!

14. Favorite Poet? Pablo Neruda, of course.

15. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? I try to keep it below 10.

16. How often have you returned book to the library unread? Not often at all.

17. Favorite fictional character? Too many! See here.

18. Favorite fictional villain? See here.

19. Name a book that you could not finish. I just can't finish City of Bones by Cassandra Clare for some reason. I know there's so many of you who just love the books, but I don't know why it sort of bores me a little.. I'm going to pick it up soon though and try again.

20. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Blogging.

21. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? The Notebook. And Shutter Island. For more, see here.

22. Most disappointing film adaptation? Wow. So many, but most recently.. The Lightning Thief, anyone?

23. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes. Hardbound vs Paperback.

24. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? If I loved the book, I'll keep it for my collection. If I didn't, I'd sell it.

25. Name a book that made you angry. Haha. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Just awful books in my opinion. If interested, read my rant on The Lost Symbol.

26. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen. Also, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

10 comments:

  1. For some reason whenever I see someone else being angry over The Lost Symbol I get really happy. Even months later when I think back about it I get irrationally upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm glad I'm not alone with that one. That book was just.. gah! Have you read my "review/rant" about it yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I agree with The Notebook.

    Great answers and you for sure will know when I read Book Thief :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaking Dawn made me angry, too. I think it makes a lot of people angry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no problem with Breaking Dawn. I reluctanly answered the questions as well. My answers are short and to the point. I like it when we are asked on topic and we can discuss it in depth, this was nothing more than a survey. Anyhoo, Here is my Booking Through Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was really cool. i loved all your answers. and the only reason i finished city of bones was because i did some pretty extensive skimming and skipping of chunks of descriptions.

    i like tess gerritson, but can only read a few in a row before i feel like i'm over her.

    and how amazing is before i fall? just brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Marce: Would LOVE to know what you think of it when you finish it :)

    @La Coccinelle: I mean, who the heck names their kids Renesmee? LOL

    @Lori: THanks for linking.

    @Juju: Haha, I think we all have that problem.

    @Nomes: Did you end up liking City of Bones? And Tess Gerritsen is actually my favorite Mystery/Thriller author out there, but her latest one, I just didn't like it. And yes, Before I Fall was so unexpected and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about The Notebook, the film is fantastic :) Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete