Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Genre: Mystery/Thriller, Medical Thriller
Rating: 2.5 stars
Synopsis: Maura Isles attends a medical conference in Wyoming. She suddenly meets up with an old colleague, and leads her to go to a spontaneous adventure with him and some others. Things at first seems normal, until they all realize how extremely dangerous the trip is turning out to be. Meanwhile back in Boston, Jane Rizzoli, realizes something is wrong. She then goes out to search desperately for her missing friend.

Review: This is going to be a very difficult review to write for me, as I really wanted to love this book, but ended up being disappointed by it in the end. I've said it before, Tess Gerritsen is my favorite mystery/thriller author out there. She still is. To me, she brings a sense of realism into her stories and her characters through her writing. Her Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series -- which is now a show on TNT by the way -- is such an exciting story to follow, and I've been following since I first read The Surgeon, about two years ago.

Ice Cold
starts out very promising. The usual excitement and intrigue I feel when I read a Tess Gerritsen are all there. The plot line is unique, and the characters are very believable. Then, halfway towards the book, I find myself getting bored.. and then confused.. and by the end, just plain disappointed and underwhelmed. Having said that, I still do recommend you reading her other books, as they are just amazing. Try The Surgeon first. You will not be disappointed with that one. Unfortunately, for Ice Cold, it's a no for me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so... Sad you didn't enjoy that much. I mean, I haven't read yet, but I will. And, hellyes!, The Surgeon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tess Gerritsen novels, but it's too bad this one didn't work out! :( Do you like the TV show? I'm not sure how I feel about it because it's not the same gritty and dark story that you get from the books, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as the other books, but I agree with you that she's one of the best thriller writers around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Raila: I'm so sad I didn't either!

    @Coffee and a Book Chick: I do like the TV show. It's different from the books, and I try not to associate them too much.For some reason, I don't see that the actresses playing are actually how Jane&Maura look like.. lol

    @Kelly: I loved The Surgeon & Body Double! Which one was your favorite from her?

    ReplyDelete