Why I don't think there's such a thing as Team Gale

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mockingjay comes out tomorrow, and with all the talk about it, I guess I just kind of wanted to share a bit of how I feel regarding the two opposing teams in the series -- Team Peeta or Team Gale. I have to be honest, I don't even get the whole debate about the two teams in the first place! I don't know about you, but to me, it just seems that it's pretty obvious that there isn't even such a thing as a Team Gale.

I mean, what do we even know about Gale? I have nothing against him and all, and he's a nice and kind boy who's known Katniss for years. But we don't "follow" him and his story, or know enough information about him to even judge on who he really is. For that simple reason, I don't at all see the basis for the Gale-Katniss shipment.

If you think about it, if the author, Suzanne Collins, really intended such a love triangle, she would have probably spent a lot more time introducing, building, and developing Gale's character to her readers. Instead, Suzanne Collins spent a whole lot of time developing Katniss and Peeta's relationship -- and not Gale's with Katniss. And I believe she did it this way for a reason!

Besides, I just don't see how Katniss would oh so suddenly, magically, go for a boy we barely even know. I see no possibility of her ending up going with Gale in the final installment, when the first two were completely focused on her relationship with another. I just don't see it.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and mine alone so feel free to agree or disagree. In the end though, it's obvious I expect her to end up with Peeta. (If she ends up with Gale, watch me eat my words, people! Ha ha) However, to be honest, I'm ultimately Team Katniss! It would be quite unique if she actually didn't choose anyone for now and instead decide to be single and be by herself in the end. I don't think it's necessary for her to end up with anyone.. for now. That would be prreeetttyy awesome. Just sayin' ;)

8 comments:

  1. I think Gale is the ultimate mystery boy -- and I think Katniss may really go for him in the end. To be honest, I've been frustrated that every time they show Peeta, he's always tripping, needing to be saved, the golden child that needs to be protected...I want him to be what Katniss wants and needs, but she becomes all hot and bothered when Gale is around. Perhaps the author is waiting for Mockingjay to be bring out Gale's character and it will blow us all away, and the allure and mystery of who he truly is will make us all swoon. To be honest, I want Peeta to be the next President, but I want Gale and Katniss to be his protectors, a la Secret Service, or something. I can't imagine Katniss ending up with Peeta, just based on how much I think she'd get annoyed with him after awhile...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee and a Book Chick - Oh I just edited the thing a little, and I added, "(If she ends up with Gale, watch me eat my words, people! Ha ha)" I do see your point, and hope to see more of Gale actually, but I just don't see them ending up together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how I was just talking to my friend to say about this. I agree with you that we don't really know much about Gale and don't have much time to get to know him enough to actually "ship" him.

    And LMAO @ your Team Katniss comment. That would be unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good point. Unless she builds her bond with Gale in this one.

    Oooo I'm so excited and trepidacious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May - Are you getting it today too?

    Juju - I've always wanted to see her bond with Gale more, just so I could see a more legit love triangle, because I actually like the sound of his character. The quiet, mysterious best friend.. But yes! Soooo excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA
    HA
    HA!
    *high five*
    *slap on the back*
    *big goofy grin*
    Very nice post, miss Jillian! Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia - :D Glad you agree. Team Katniss though! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason, even though he isn't as developed as Peeta, I still love Gale! :)

    ReplyDelete