The Great Mortality

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I barely read non-fiction. I gave this one a try though, recommended by a friend. I did read it, and finished it in a week. That’s a pretty long time, considering I read this during thanksgiving break.

It is an historical narrative of the author, telling accounts of the infamous European plague, more popularly called, “The Black Death.”

It is very interesting, considering I’ve surprisingly never heard of this plague. Which I have to admit was a little embarrassing especially now that I know how much this has influenced the entire European history and most likely, much of what it is today.

Warning though, do not read in an empty stomach, while eating, or if you just ate. =p It will not do you any favors. If you have a weak stomach, definitely don’t even try to pick this book up. Other than that, very great, interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment