The Last Song

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I think it's safe to say I have read every single book Nicholas Sparks have come up with. And for me, with Sparks, it's either a hit or a miss; never in between. With The Last Song, I'm pretty glad to say it's a hit.

Summary: Seventeen year old Veronica Miller's life was turned upside down when her parents divorced and separated, making her father move from New York City to North Carolina. Years later, she is still angry at the situation as well as at her parents. But mostly, she alienates herself from her father. Until one summer, her mother decides that it would be a good idea if she spends the summer with her father, who is living a peaceful life in a small beach town.
In this novel, you will find yourself reading about an unforgettable story of the many different sides and levels of love--from love between families to first romances, in a way that only Sparks can create.

Review: The novel is told in four different point of views by different characters. And each person brings a different side to the story that adds to its compelling plot. And like I said, The Last Song, is an absolute hit for me. I have to admit, I did predict what the ending was going to be already, though when I found out I was right, I wasn't disappointed by how it was put out nor did I think that it impacted me any less. Overall, this novel had the perfect mix of everything I like about reading a Sparks book; well-constructed, well-written, heartfelt, and believable.

**

I also saw the trailer for the movie adaptation and apparently, Miley Cyrus will be playing the main character. I hope it does it justice, because this story has a really deep and meaningful message, and I'd hate for it to get ruined. I have high hopes though! :)

Speaking of Sparks movies, Dear John is coming out this friday, I believe! I'm definitely going to watch it, and I'll most likely do a short movie review about it. Hope it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment