Thirteen Reasons Why

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Synopsis: Clay Jensen recieves a package on his front porch. But the odd thing was that there was no return address. Curious, he opens the box and found himself looking at a collection of casette tapes, each marked with different titles. Excited, he rushed to listen to the tapes. What he hears is the story of the girl named Hannah Baker–a girl he has had a crush on for as long as he can remember. Hannah Baker, the girl who committed suicide, telling her side of the story, of thirteen reasons why she did what she did.

Review: I don’t want to get ahead of myself here, but I’ll go straight to the point with this one. I loved this book, and I definitely recommend it. Though technically a young adult book, I have to say that I think any reader of any age would appreciate this story. It was honest, thought-provoking, and just simply engrossing.

I honestly don’t think that I can write a review and do it justice, as I will sound like a broken record, telling you to grab the book and read it as soon as you can.

If you’re like me, you sometimes get attached to the characters and their stories if the story is really good, and I know I may sound like a total cliche when I say this, but I just did not want to put the book down. In truth, it was because I was just drawn to it, but it was also because I did not want it to end.

I won’t write a long review for this one, but I must emphasize that this is a MUST READ, no matter how old you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment