The Gargoyle

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The book starts off with the narrator getting into an accident, burning his body. The entire experience made him a cynic and made him lose his hope in life. He can’t wait to get out of the hospital to commit his planned suicide.

His nurse, by the name of Marianne Engel appears to him and tells him that they were once lovers. Back in the day. Way back in Medieval Germany. The narrator, as a hopeless cynic, does not believe her. But on the way to his recovery, Marianne Engel tells their love story that draws the narrator back to life. He begins to believe her, even like her. But the thing is, Marianne Engel only has a few chapters/scriptures left of the story until she vanishes and her time and purpose on earth is finished.

This is one of the most unique stories I’ve heard of. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything like it. Correct me if I’m wrong. It has this gothic-like style, and the characters are simply mesmerizing. One positive thing I just have to rave about is the author’s writing. Wow. This is what you call art. This is what you call literature.

People need to grab this book immediately and read it. From page 1 until the very last, I was hooked. For two days that I read this book, it was like I was addicted. When I finished, it was like I was having withdrawals. I tried looking for books similar to this, but I just can’t find any.

This story is rare, interesting, and something that will keep you at the edge of your seat, leaving you wanting for more.. That’s what I want. More books from Andrew Davidson! Write more, please=]

No comments:

Post a Comment