The Undomestic Goddess

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Sophie Kinsella chic lit about another heroine, this time named Samantha Sweeting. A hard working lawyer on the verge of getting promoted to the position she has always dreamed of until she makes probably the worst work-related decision and commits a mistake that leads her to run away. She finds herself in the outskirts of the English countryside. She knocks on the door of someone’s house, but was mistaken to be a housekeeper. Figuring she needed to get away anyway, she takes the job and pretends all the way to be a housekeeper even though she does not have any idea how to be one.

Yes, this is a predictable book and has not much depth, but I think that’s the point. It is just relaxing, and something you can read during the summer.

It is such a funny book too. Like I said about all of the author’s other books, this one is the same in terms of its fast-pace, fun, and lightness. I loved the main character, (like I love all of Kinsella’s other female characters). Another hit from her for me.The

1 comment:

  1. This book is light and fluffy and entertaining. Exactly what it claims to be. I wasn't a fan of 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' but I like Kinsella after reading this one.

    ReplyDelete