Jane Eyre

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Would you believe.

I, being a bookaholic, have never read Jane Eyre until April of 2008. That. is. a shame. I have always had the book put on hold, on my “to be read” pile. For some stupid reason, I never quite got around to actually picking it up and reading it. Finally, I did one time at 3am that April. I couldn’t sleep and the book was just next to me. I began to read. Eventually, I had to put the book down. I looked at the clock. It was 10am.

Jane Eyre is Jane Eyre, like they say. It is one of the most popular, influential, and oldest English book written by Charlotte of the famous Bronte sisters, whose legacy still live on to this day.

Jane Eyre is a first person narrative about an orphan; her lives, loss, defeat, battle, experiences, happiness, triumph, love, and accomplishment. We start when she’s only a child until she grows up.

I don’t know how to explain, but I will say that I now see why this book gets all the credit and praise of every book lover I have met. It’s classic and gothic-like. You can’t help but fall in love with Jane Eyre. Of course, who could forget about Mr. Rochester? A classic character bound to live on even until years later..

I really, really love this book. I love everything about it. Seriously, everything. I think everybody should read this masterpiece at least once in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment