Watermelon

Sunday, January 10, 2010


This tells the story of Claire Webster, pregnant. On the day that she gives birth, her husband all of a sudden decides to leave her for another girl. An older girl. It tells the story of Claire’s recovery, physically and emotionally, as she stays with her eccentric family while trying to raise her child all at the same time. When her husband realizes his mistake and apologizes to Claire, will she be able to forgive him? Will she be able to let him in her life and her daughter’s life again?

I did like the way the story was written, even though this type of plot has been done way too many times. I didn’t really mind, it was just a quick, fun summer read. Nothing too special about this chic lit. It didn’t really stand out as much as I had hoped. Even though I enjoyed reading this book, I don’t think I would read any of Marian Keyes’ other books. Sorry, to say. Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment